Automated Character Sheet - 13th Age - Version 13.32 - Critical Multiclassing Updates

edited June 2013 in 13th Age
Here is a character sheet for 13th Age that automatically calculates max HP, recovery roll, defenses, and basic attack stats based on class, level, and ability scores. It also auto fills out your Racial Powers and Class Features based on Race and Class. Finally, it includes a second sheet to use as Power Cards. It will look terrible when you click on the link below because Google Drive doesn't display excel files very well. Download the file to your computer and it should look much better. It should print the character sheet to a single page. 12 slots for powers/spells fit on 2 separate pages.

See later in this thread for modified versions created by other members of this community. After reviewing these modified versions I have decided to continue developing my original format, simply because I wasn't exactly sure what changes were made.

Multiclassing:
Version 13.32 supports Multiclassing. However, you will still need to do legwork:
1) You will need to find multiclass key abilities on page 107 of the 13 True Ways rulebook (or decide with your GM what is appropriate if you are multiclassing unofficial classes)
2) You will need to determine your appropriate multiclass class features. This will still only display the class features for your first class.

Version 13.32: Automated 13th Age Character Sheet (Excel)

Version 13.32: Automated 13th Age Character Sheet (Open Office)

Old Versions:

Version 13.31: Automated 13th Age Character Sheet

Version 13.31 (OpenOffice): Automated 13th Age Character Sheet

Note: I removed the power cards from the Open Office version. It wasn't working correctly.

Version 13.32 Adds:
Fix bugs in calculating defenses for multiclass characters.
Fix bugs in calculating attack penalty for all characters.

Version 13.31 Adds:
Fix for bug affecting HP levels of non-multiclass characters

Version 13.30 Adds:
Adds Multiclassing support

Version 13.29 Adds:
1. Fixes to AC errors in version 13.28

Version 13.28 Adds:
1. The 13 True Ways classes
2. Errors in all of the AC calculations

Version 13.27 Adds:
1. Mindweaver, Elementalist, Alchemist, and Thief.
2. Goblin, Hobgoblin, Vanara, Gnoll, and Goliath.
3. Changed Ranger melee damage to Str only.
4. New fields for bonus melee and ranger miss damage from feats and talents.

Version 13.26:
I skipped this version number.

Version 13.25 Adds:
1. Automatically color codes Power Cards based on Power frequency (At-Will, Daily, etc.). This can be disabled by following the instructions in the comment in Cell B1 of the "Power Cards" sheet.

Version 13.24 Adds:
1. Corrects drop down menu options in the Power Cards.

Version 13.23 Adds:
1. Ability to specify the weapon die for your melee and ranged weapons (Cells P10 and P11 on first sheet)

Version 13.22 Adds:
1. Corrects Minotaur racial ability

Version 13.21 Adds:
1. Bug fixes to AC.

Version 13.2 Adds:
1. The Eldritch Knight class, appearing on Page XXX
2. Bug fixes for the Monk's attack bonuses.

Version 13.1 Adds:
1. Minotaur, Tengu/Ravenfolk, and Kobold races. These races are not contained in the 13th Age Core Rulebook, but have been added for playing 13th Age in the Midgard Campaign Setting by Kobold Press.
2. Minor bug fixes.

Version 13.0 Adds:
1. Automates Racial Powers and Class Features based on Race and Class
2. Includes Power Cards for 12 Powers/Spells

Version 3.1 Adds:
1. Incremental Advance "HP" is automated to increase your Max HP score accordingly.
2. There is a section on the second page to manually enter your bonuses from Magic Items, Talents, and Feats, etc. You shouldn't print out page 2 if you decide to print your character sheet.

Please let me know if you find any errors.

Comments

• Version 3.1 is now available. See above for added features.
  • "Final" Version 13.0 is now available. See above for added features.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or miscalculations.
  • edited June 2013
    --nvm-- not an issue.
  • edited July 2013
    Version 13.1 is now available, featuring minor bug fixes and the addition of the Minotaur, Kobold, and Tengu/Ravenfolk races. These three races were designed by Wade Rockett for playing 13th Age in the Midgard Campaign Setting by Kobold Press.
  • edited July 2013
    Version 13.2 has a few bug fixes and adds in support for the Eldritch Knight class, appearing on Page XXX.
  • Version 13.22 corrects the Minotaur racial ability.
  • Thanks so much for creating this, it's great!

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is if there's a way to replace the [W] with an actual value. Am I missing something blatantly obvious? It's really not important if you can't, I just update sheets for the kids I run games for at my FLGS, and sometimes it's easier if I can point to exact instructions.
  • edited August 2013
    Posted By: Will GreyThanks so much for creating this, it's great!

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is if there's a way to replace the [W] with an actual value. Am I missing something blatantly obvious? It's really not important if you can't, I just update sheets for the kids I run games for at my FLGS, and sometimes it's easier if I can point to exact instructions.
    This is now implemented in version 13.23.
  • are there drop down lists for race/class or items? Not sure how to get things to autogenerate.
  • This is a great addition. I plan on running 13th Age at a Con later this year and this will make creating a pregen for each class so much easier.
  • edited August 2013
    Hi there, I am trying to get the power cards section to work but the various drop down menus seem to all be empty and it wont let me type my own text into them. Am I doing something wrong?
  • @fendermallot

There are drop down lists for race/class in the top left under the name field (Class is cell C3, Race is cell C4). There are no drop down lists for items, aside from indicating what type of armor you are wearing (Cell L31) and whether you are using a shield (Cell L32). If you need to add in bonuses from items, you can do so in column P of the character sheet tab.

@andreww

What program are you using to open it? In Excel, at least, the Type, Frequency, and Action cells should have drop down menus you can select. All of the other cells you should be able to type in. If for some reason you can't get the drop down menus to work, then go to (in excel) Review->Unprotect Sheet. This will unlock all the cells and allow you to simply delete what is currently in those cells and write in whatever you want.
  • Hi there. Yes I am using Excel. I have tried to unprotect and delete without success. The first power card has all of the options in the drop down menus. The others have the arrow next to the relevant fields but when clicking it there are no options, just a blank bar. When I try to introduce my own text to those fields it comes up "The value entered is not valid, a user has restricted values that can be entered in this cell". Nothing I have tried so far has allowed me to get rid of it.
  • OK, problem sorted with a bit of judicious cutting and pasting. Not sure what was causing it. One thing I have been doing is putting a thick coloured border around the power cards, green for at wills, red for per battle and black for daily. It helps with sorting and using them in play I think.
  • @andreww

I think you will like what I have implemented in version 13.25. I have fixed the bug you discovered and also added in automatic Power Card coloring (this feature can be disabled relatively quickly):

Green: At-Will
    Red: Per Battle
    Blue: Recharge
    Black: Daily
  • @MCKhaos

I'm really enjoying your sheet. One problem I was having is that once I started a character, it was not possible to blank out the sheet again for printing (for manual fill). The formulas automatically put in a bunch of N/A's etc. I fixed those with a bunch of "if" statements, stretched the pull down menus to have a blank line (so I could remove the class name, race and levels from the sheet), and widened the sheet to give more room for key fields. I also added an ability generator (point buy or random) off to the side and set a print area so only the first page prints. I don't have a google account to post it too like you do. If you send me your email, I'll send you the modified sheet and see if you like the tweaks.
  • Nice design-thank you.

One minor thing...it should be "Character Sheet" not "Charcter Sheet".
  • One critique, you may want to add a bonus miss damage for melee and ranged in the bonuses section, I could not get my Two Weapon mastery feat to work properly. (this may have been operator head-space and timing issue though)
  • edited September 2013
    This is great, thanks!

I tweaked it a bit to add dropdown boxes for the class and race stat boosts to make it easier for me to tally up point-buy:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19mpDUN_8rSOEQycWJPY0xpUzA

A couple suggestions:
    1. It might make more sense to break up the big calculation page into individual tables on separate worksheets (like what I did with AbilityCalc). That would make it easier to make changes (such as new calculations, classes, races) without impacting the existing formulas.
    2. Similarly, it might streamline things to have one "ugly"sheet for all the various input boxes, dropdown choices, etc. the user interacts with and then a separate "pretty" sheet that they print.
  • edited September 2013
    Basic mêlée damage is not calculated correctly for the ranger and possibly other classes. Rangers can use dex or str bonus for to hit. However rangers only use str bonus for mêlée damage.

Alternatively, there is an error in the ranger's mêlée attack information. And an error in the book seems more likely now that I've looked at the section on bards which is similar.
  • Hmm. The only excel files with "drop down" lists used alt and the down arrow to access them. When I do that, it gives me what's in the cell directly below it. Am I missing something?
  • edited September 2013
    Posted By: fendermallotHmm. The only excel files with "drop down" lists used alt and the down arrow to access them. When I do that, it gives me what's in the cell directly below it. Am I missing something?
    In the version I have (Excel 2010 for Windows), I click on the cell once to highlight it, then click the little grey triangle box to pull up the dropdown menu. From there I can use the arrow keys or just click the one I want.
    You could also ignore the dropdown and just type in STR, CON, etc. in the cell -- it should validate your input against the list and only allow legal choices.
  • ahh, I have Office 2000. No triangles :(

At least that makes me feel less "crazy" for not being able to get it to work.
  • Posted By: fendermallotahh, I have Office 2000. No triangles :(

At least that makes me feel less "crazy" for not being able to get it to work.
    Ah, yeah. Office 2007 pretty much broke backwards compatibility. =/ The data validation and calculations might still work though, if you enter the stat names manually.
  • Yeah, it does. Thanks.
  • Definitely have some work to do. Thank you for the comments.
  • edited September 2013
    Hey was going through the character sheet and for the life of me I cannot figure out hot to enter the bonus to AC from the sorcerer's "Spell Fist" ability?

Edit: IGNORE.
  • edited October 2013
    I tooled around with this some more and added a bit more number-crunching under the hood. I also reorganized the data a fair bit to separate out the smart cells with calculations (hidden to the right of the input sheet) and the dumb cells with raw data (separate hidden worksheets). That'll make it easier to add information without breaking formulas.

I added calculations to take into account flexible attack stats in both attack and damage (e.g Ranger), and made it general enough to be able to handle future classes with similar options. There's also a table that sorts out caster attacks the same way -- it just doesn't output anything to the printable sheet just yet. I think all the basics from the Character Building page should be covered, and I tried to leave space to hook in feats/talents that modify things.

I also added calculations to take into account attack penalties under all the various combinations of weapons and armor.
    The equipment dropdown menus now tell you the associated AC, damage, and attack penalty for each item.

Note that the Monk & Elementalist aren't fully implemented (mainly because nobody in my group is playing them right now), but it's just a matter of looking up the missing numbers and plugging them into the ClassData worksheet.

http://i.imgur.com/LoU2JdT.png

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B19mpDUN_8rSNzlUUHZ4elY1X0E/edit?usp=sharing
  • New version up with all of the community made classes that I have seen. (Alchemist, Elementalist, Eldritch Knight, Mindweaver, & Thief).

If anyone is aware of other community made classes please let me know.

I've also added a few additional community made races.
  • Hey, I was wondering if there was any way to make the drop-down menus work for anything other than excel, such as libre office or similar freeware analogs?