13th Age Eberron

edited June 2013 in 13th Age
I really, really like 13th Age. It has so many things I'm looking for in an RPG; the pace, the emphasis on story, the style of combat, all that. It's easily my current go-to game for heroic fantasy games.

I really, really like Keith Baker's Eberron Campaign setting. I fell in love with it with D&D3.5; it has everything I have ever made in a home-brew campaign setting, and then more and better. It has been, for the last several years, my go-to campaign setting for heroic fantasy games.

I am looking to combine these two things; use the 13th Age ruleset in the Eberron campaign setting. To this end, I have devised a small amount of homebrew content. I don't think anything I have is too revealing, so I should be able to post it here?

Assuming anybody is interested, of course. I have rules for the Shifter, Changeling, and Kalashtar races; rules for all the dragonmarks (as feats); and a greatly expanded (ridiculously so) and wide list of icons I consider appropriate to Eberron. I'd love to eventually make an Artificer class, but I'd like to wait for the 13 True Ways to come out first to see what all is in it.

I'd also like to open a thread simply for people to share advice, thoughts, feedback, and reactions to Eberron via 13th Age in general.

Comments

• I've never played in Eberron, but I'd like to see what you have. Homebrew stuff is always interesting. Thanks.
  • Keith Baker himself talked about Eberron and 13th Age.

http://keith-baker.com/dragonmarks-103-eberron-and-13th-age/
  • That was mostly discussing Icons in Eberron. I can see where he is going, but I disagree with one of his key points - I think a wide choice of icons makes giving any particular character a more choice background easier. If your campaign focuses on, say, the secret war between the lords of dust and the chamber within the grounds of Q'barra, you wouldn't think to have "Royal House of Aundair" as a big mover and shaker - but what if one of your players wants to play a half-elf nobility from aundair?

The main role of icons in my mind has been a way for players to choose or vote for what sort of forces play a pivitol role in the campaign. It's giving the players a narrative tool to pull in what they want to see, imho.

That's why my Eberron Icon list is 14 long; plus the 12 dragonmarked houses; plus the 5 key kingdoms (well, 4 + New Cyre).

I'll find a way of posting the races and dragonmarks I have made up as well.
  • Here are two links; one for a list of icons, and the other has the races and dragonmark feats.

races & marks:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/GOKW5Zdi/13th_Age_Eberron_Content.html

icons:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/UT8J4LWN/13th_Age_Eberron_Icons.html

Be careful downloading from those sites; like a lot of "share for free" there are a ton of ads with "download here" that are bad links. If you'd rather me just type up what I have here, feel free to ask.
  • edited June 2013
    I run Eberron with our 4E/13th Age blend and I love the setting (we have a 4 years long campaign going with it). We have icon relationships pretty much like the ones you have worked out yourself - Eberron is kind of perfect for the concept.
    As a system 13th Age appears to be extremely well suited to the setting, with its push for cinematic heroic action and pulp elements.

A couple more icons you may consider adding there:
    - The Lords of Dust
    - The Delkyr
    - The Dark Lanterns
  • edited July 2013
    Posted By: blacksheepcannibalHere are two links; one for a list of icons, and the other has the races and dragonmark feats.

races & marks:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/GOKW5Zdi/13th_Age_Eberron_Content.html

icons:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/UT8J4LWN/13th_Age_Eberron_Icons.html

Be careful downloading from those sites; like a lot of "share for free" there are a ton of ads with "download here" that are bad links. If you'd rather me just type up what I have here, feel free to ask.
    4shared is a minefield IMO, but I would love to see your take on Shifters, as I am converting them for a (non-Eberron) 13th Age campaign.
  • Nice blacksheepcannibal! I love Eberron too. Thanks for sharing your work so far.

Mind if I have a few questions?
    I'm curious whether Kalashtar's Minor telepathy ought to say anything about telepathic communication with willing targets, like the kalashtar's allies.

The shifter's secondary benefits of razorclaw/longtooth seem seldom beneficial, especially if they're not classed as weapon attacks (and thus scale with level). Usually characters will already have at least a d6 melee weapon of their own. Sure biting or clawing someone is great, and handy in unarmed situations, but perhaps you mean they do an additional d6 on top of another attack? That seems too much, so it might be nice to make it a less common flexible rider triggered by say a successful natural odd roll. On the other hand, if you want it valuable even on a natural miss, like sneaking in a claw, perhaps it triggers on any natural multiple of fives.

Nice take on the dragonmark feats, wrapping the basics of each mark ability into the existing game mechanics. I take it characters need to be the requisite race to take the feat (or become aberrant). Speaking of which, perhaps some specifically aberrant feats might be fun to offer, similar to the Drow's Cruel racial feature but with poison, acid, psychic, etc. attacks or perhaps backlash when hit with an attack. Do you have plans to add champion and epic feats that take the Least Mark to Lesser, then Greater (and perhaps Siberys)? I would like to see Ghallanda Mark of Hospitality allowing instant creation of tasty food or drink, or somehow aiding recovery of hp or powers when resting. Additionally, even in the Least feat, the Mark of Detection should maybe be able to detect magic or threats more generally (poisoned food, imminent injurious traps, ambush, etc).

It's not been for long, but I've been playing an artificer class in a pbp game that reskins a sorcerer base (with Spell Fist) and adds some Rogue elements: swapped "Access to Wizardry" feature for "Trap Sense"; and took the Thief talent (because it fits the character). Finally, the Domain of War from cleric works well as a 4e style artificer-leader, reskinned as Exploit Weakness. Additionally, I would consider allowing heftier armor (and shield) than sorcerer's permit and reducing the attk penalty on crossbows. I'll admit I don't know what that does to balance. Narratively, my artificer delivers most 'spells' which he calls schema, via crossbow bolts, tossed vials, applied sigils or artifices, and so forth. I will want him to have more powers that buff his allies, and change the terrain, but that's I guess what I gave up with wizardry utility spells in order to get Trap Sense. Hmm. The sorcerer talent of a familiar would also work marvelously for my character (who's a little nuts) because the random abilities each day reflect his continual tinkering with the construct.

Thanks again for posting this work and I look forward to hearing more about your game or seeing more of what you create or convert as it gets going.

That icons list is crazy. I'm intrigued to think of Wayfinder Association as an Icon. As a GM I'd definitely limit it down by choosing some of those you list based on a desired game theme.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted By: atminnNice blacksheepcannibal! I love Eberron too. Thanks for sharing your work so far.

Mind if I have a few questions?
    As for the Kalashtar, I should put a note in about willing targets having the option to not even defend against the "attack"; I mostly meant it for one-way and not a direct, two-way telepathic link, though.

The Shifter claws/bite are meant to scale with level just as weapon attacks do, and basically be used as a weapon. I'm not sure how to phrase that though; perhaps "gain a claw attack that is treated as a d6 weapon attack"? An extra attack on a natural roll would be good, and I like it, but I think it would be too strong as a more-or-less secondary racial bonus. The big benefit is increasing your damage by one die (perhaps 2 @ champion, 3 @ epic?) for a single swing. Maybe if I up the shifter bites/claws to d8, or even d10? All in all, I think these two need work, I'll have to ponder upon it.

Guilty admission: I've never dealt with aberrant dragonmarks at all, and have actively discouraged players from taking them. I didn't really consider putting one in, but I can see it being about on the same power level as the drow ability. I'll ponder this too, and see what I can come up with.

Thanks a ton for the feedback! I'll probably be writing up stats for eberron-style gnolls, goblinoids, and maybe even try my hand at some hard stuff - trolls, ogres, and the like.
  • I want to chime in on the dragonmarks. While they can be implemented solely as feats, I do not think this is the appropriate way to represent them. Dragonmarks, to me at least, are very central to a character and feel talent worthy. The system I would propose would be as followings:

Least Dragonmark - Talent that any class can take
    Lesser Dragonmark - Adventurer tier feat
    Greater Dragonmark - Champion tier feat
    Siberys Dragonmark - Epic tier feat
  • edited July 2013
    I want to chime in on the dragonmarks. While they can be implemented solely as feats, I do not think this is the appropriate way to represent them. Dragonmarks, to me at least, are very central to a character and feel talent worthy. The system I would propose would be as followings:

Least Dragonmark - Talent that any class can take
    Lesser Dragonmark - Adventurer tier feat
    Greater Dragonmark - Champion tier feat
    Siberys Dragonmark - Epic tier feat
    I agree with Fate1316 on this arrangement. Buy-in to a dragonmarked bloodline is worth a talent, but should therefore also grant additional benefits than the single-application Blacksheepcannibal's document includes. I'd be on board with this since I was thinking of additional uses of most of the marks that weren't represented in the feat list. The Adventurer/Champion/Epic tier feats could allow additional uses of given dragonmark powers per day, greater scope of effect, and perhaps fewer limitations on how narratively they can be stretched.
    Posted By: blacksheepcannibalI'll probably be writing up stats for eberron-style gnolls, goblinoids, and maybe even try my hand at some hard stuff - trolls, ogres, and the like.
    Do you mean to offer these races as PC race options, or just for NPCs?

Also, regarding shifter claw/tooth attacks. What do you mean by "The big benefit is increasing your damage by one die (perhaps 2 @ champion, 3 @ epic?) for a single swing." The way it's written, I would guess you could make a claw attack as a standard action in place of, say, a longsword basic attack. So I think I'm not understanding how that increases damage for a single swing. If I am razorclaw and make a longsword attack for 2d8 damage, would I add an additional d6 to that on a hit, due to involving my claws as well?
  • edited July 2013
    @atminn
    The base shifter ability that all shifters get is being able to trigger shifting after hitting a bloodied opponent, they deal an extra die of damage. After that, each shifter gains a different benefit depending upon the sub-type.

As far as dragonmarks being talents, I don't think I agree. Dragonmarks, by their very nature, are not supposed to really help much in combat, and maybe only be partially useful (likely circumstantially) during adventuring. If you look at the spells that feats gave in 3.5 D&D, they were pretty minor and not likely to be used all that much by adventurers on a day-to-day basis. Not something I would want as a talent, I think.
  • Posted By: blacksheepcannibalAs far as dragonmarks being talents, I don't think I agree. Dragonmarks, by their very nature, are not supposed to really help much in combat, and maybe only be partially useful (likely circumstantially) during adventuring. If you look at the spells that feats gave in 3.5 D&D, they were pretty minor and not likely to be used all that much by adventurers on a day-to-day basis. Not something I would want as a talent, I think.
    Talents don't need to be explicitly useful in combat. For example, Balladeer, Loremaster, Mythkenner, Storyteller, Ranger's Pet, Tracker, Cunning, Smooth Talk, Thievery, Sorcerer's Familiar, Cantrip Mastery, and Familiar have limited to no use in combat. Feats, imo, help flesh out a character's shtick and creates signature moves (majority of feats) or give a small bonus (general feats), whereas Talents are more fundamental to who the character is and what they can do. To me, the power level of a dragonmark is beyond just feats and talents.

I remember reading an article when Themes became a thing in 4e frobym Keith Baker where he said he felt the correct implementation of Dragonmarks would be through themes and not through feats like they were. In 13th Age, themes would correspond more closely to talents than anything else imo.
  • This is great, thanks! One of my players wanted to be a shapeshifter, so I suggested the Changeling race. I nerfed the racial power slightly, since it seems like most of the racial powers are designed to work once per battle. In return, I added two feats to allow Changelings to shapeshift at will and to better impersonate specific people.

CHANGELINGS
    +2 Dex or +2 Cha

Shapeshifting (Racial Power)
    As a standard action once per battle, you can cast disguise self (as the wizard spell), except the duration lasts until you fail a death saving throw.

Adventurer Feat: You can use Shapeshifting at will
    Champion Feat: You can use Shapeshifting to impersonate a specific individual without penalty
  • Personally I would have Shapeshifting mimic one of the Gnome's racial abilities, being an at-will ability that requires other creatures to make a normal save once per scene when observing you to determine if you try to pass yourself off as a creature of a different race (easy save if you try to pass yourself off as a specific creature of that race, or if other aspects of your disguise [e.g. clothing, make-up] doesn't match the race you're trying to pass off as). Succeeding doesn't break the illusion, but at the very least raises suspicions.

The Champion feat would raise the difficulty of the saves required to hard/normal, while an Epic feat would allow you to 1/day raise the difficulty of the saves required to impossible/hard.
  • Currently running a 13th Age campaign set in Eberron. Having an issue with regards to the level of magic in the game. 13th Age seems to be set as a low magic game system (rare magic items) while Eberron is set on the opposite side of the scale to that. Was wondering how you guys would handle such.
  • Posted By: rpgdm_cashCurrently running a 13th Age campaign set in Eberron. Having an issue with regards to the level of magic in the game. 13th Age seems to be set as a low magic game system (rare magic items) while Eberron is set on the opposite side of the scale to that. Was wondering how you guys would handle such.
    I handle it the same way in 4e (who has a 'lower magic' feel compared to previous editions) and 13th Age: Eberron's world has plenty of magic, but it's not the kind of flashy magic that you can conjure in a second: it's the result of long years of work from artificers, Dragonmark Houses, nations or other powers in the worlds. So the magic is all there, but it's just not at the fingertips of PCs.
  • I could see the more "mundane" magic items getting baked into Backgrounds, with an array of minor magical items simply being fluff for how you describe a character's Background rolls.

If a character had a background of say, "Chief mechanic on a lightning rail engine" then I'd imagine they'd often be reaching into a toolkit of all sorts of sparking magical gizmos. A former airship captain might have access to some small magically-powered personal flying contraptions. Instead of carrying around 50' of rope and a grappling hook, a master thief might have a clockwork spider that scurries up the wall and plays out magically-strong gossamer threads.
  • Is anyone able to please repost the Marks and Races content? Dropbox? Box? Something that isn't full of malware?

Thanks!
  • Posted By: harakekeI could see the more "mundane" magic items getting baked into Backgrounds, with an array of minor magical items simply being fluff for how you describe a character's Background rolls.

If a character had a background of say, "Chief mechanic on a lightning rail engine" then I'd imagine they'd often be reaching into a toolkit of all sorts of sparking magical gizmos. A former airship captain might have access to some small magically-powered personal flying contraptions. Instead of carrying around 50' of rope and a grappling hook, a master thief might have a clockwork spider that scurries up the wall and plays out magically-strong gossamer threads.
    This is a nice way of handling the high fantasy steampunk approach of Eberron, while utilizing the relatively abstract nature of 13th Age.

In retrospect, given the nature of marks, I think marks could be handled fully utilizing the 13th Age mechanics:
    • If it's a lesser mark that, magical as it may be, isn't enough to be the equivalent of even a power, then it's best left as a background.
    • If it's a lesser mark that *does* give you enough magic to be the equivalent of a lesser at-will/cyclic/encounter/recharge/daily, then it's worth either a feat or a talent combined with background support for interacting with guild members and others who recognize your mark.
    • If it's a greater mark that is fairly powerful (usually combat-beneficial and really grants you magic that you can specialize in and enhance), then it's worth a talent plus an Icon relationship and a background, maybe several feats as well.
    • If it's a greater mark that's character-defining, then it's probably the whole works: Unique Thing with combat benefit replacing one class talent (two or even three if it's that powerful), requires a set of feats to enhance, then add in Icon relationships and backgrounds to complete the package.
  • Hi! I recently got introduced to 13th age, and find it to be a very interesting game. Being a big fan of Eberron, I've been wanting to implemet the game to the setting, and looking around came upon this thread. I've seen some interesting ideas here, and will try to use them for my conversion (with some modifications of my own).

Regarding dragonmarks, I was thinking to implement them as stated here as a talent accesible to all classes, with the 3.5 race restrictions. The idea I'm going with is the talent granting access to a "dragonmarked" background at +6 under the assumption that dragonmarked characters are going to be better than everyone else at what their house does through their dragonmark, and later granting powers through adventurer, champion and epic feats for lesser, greater and syberys marks. The talent would also grant 2 icon relationship dice with the appropiate house.

For icons, I completely agree that the more icons the better. What I was thinking is to divide them up into tiers, I, II and III. So maybe as an example, The dark lanterns would be a tier I icon, Vol would be a tier II icon and the Lords of Dust tier III. At adventurer levels, tier I would cost normally, but the tier II and III icons would need additional investments of 1 and 2 dice respectively for each relationship die. As you progress into the champion and epic tiers, this cost would go down by 1 each time to a minimum of 1. Since players will be switching from lower tier to higher tier icons as they advance, this will more or less reflect the less powerful people and organizations taking a back seat to the heavy hitters as the story advances.
  • Just finished converting my 4e changeling artificer-warlord for our level 2 13th Age game set in Eberron.

We used the Wizard 1st level utility spell Disguise Self as the racial ability.

The Bard class served as the basis of the class with the Bardic Song class ability replaced with the Cleric Heal class ability to serve as artificer healing infusions. The battle cries served as the warlord powers. Meanwhile, the spells worked as artificer powers.

So far the stats look good. The heal and battle cries gives him a very leader role. Hopefully we'll be able to try it out this weekend.
  • I don't really agree with the premise that Eberron is particularly difficult to match up to 13th Age in terms of mechanics. It is true that ORGANIZATIONS are more important than INDIVIDUALS within that setting and, also, that Eberron focuses on a considerably larger world than 13th Age which is scaled to best fit in single country of a world where they is some reasonable chance of repeatedly encountering the same NPCs and an NPC's reach can extend without the use of modern information technology.

However, Eberron probably matches the concept of 13th Age much better than most other D&D Campaign Worlds. I mean the closest you get to having highly influential and active NPCs who cast a meaningful scope of influence in other D&D settings is Dragonlance. Yes, Forgotten Realms has a few extremely notable NPCs, but Elminister and Drizzt's activities ought not have any impact at all on a single adventuring group.

So, when one thinks about things like Icons and Iconic relationships with the scope of Eberron, it is best to focus the campaign on a single country and make the important figures in that region into your Icons.

Even if the world has two dozen potential icons, it is likely very important to still limit it to which ones the PCs would be allowed to take relationship status with in any given game. It bogs things down if 20 different forces are meant to have some sort of impact on an adventure.
  • I don't really see the need to pare the icons down to a small list, you just might need to change the way you think about what an "icon" is. There is no reason that an icon must be an individual. They could easily be the various organizations from Eberron, and the relationship roll could represent the characters standing in that organization and what assistance the organization would be willing to supply.

For instance, I'm thinking of running a campaign based in the "Scarred Lands" setting and making the gods from that setting the icons. The relationship rolls would result in either divine intervention of some sort, or in the various churches assisting the characters somehow.
  • I've been working on getting my 13th Age Eberron campaign going for the new year.

Here is my take on the Artificer:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-miQcW0BS8uVExTMXA1YmRLX2ZtdE82MzNCWkF4ZGdkZXk4/edit?usp=sharing

and here is my take on Dragonmarks (still working on 3 'Marks):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-miQcW0BS8uY2hhaHF2NWZvbGc/edit?usp=sharing
  • The icons are organizations as-is. Yes, the Archmage, the Elf Queen, and the Emperor are individual people, but it's the organizations and institutions that they command that makes them icons. The Emperor wouldn't be much of an icon without his empire; the Archmage wouldn't get much done if he had to do it all himself; etc.

Eberron's organizations sometimes involve a figurehead or small group rather than a single person charge, but they're potent for the exact same reason. It's the power structure that matters, not just the individual(s) at the top.
  • I've been running a game in the Lhazaar Principalities for a little while now, and so far the best solution I've found for my group is to allow players to pick whatever "Icons" they want for their character, and to use those as factions to include in the game with a presence ranging from barely noticeable to temporarily central.
  • Threadcromancy! Primarily because I
  • I saw a nice blog post about creating icons for your setting, recently. The author suggested thinking about the icons as plot hooks the GM is offering the players. So here's a simple idea: make the Eberron organizations you care about into icons and skip the rest!
  • Based on your thought, I developed Eberron's Icons in a somewhat different style. I agree with the argument that, in fact, Eberron is not that well suited for great-epic NPC's, but we could rearrange the setting a bit to create NPcs that are "epic" not by their own deeds, but by the organizations and power structure they hold.

To create the Eberron's Icon list for my future campaign, I based them a lot in three original Icon styles: Prince of Shadows, Emperor and the Three Dragons. But I let things with an Eberron tone (I think), by arguing that the organizations are what sustain the Icons, and much of them would be into institutions that counter balance conflicting factions inside those organization. One additional thing is to develop deeper the concept of Icon agents (the people which the player actively deal with when making contacts with Icons most of the time).

Finally, I divided the Icon's interest in two types of "agendas", instead of alignments, which were "mundane" and "mystical". For instance, the High Druid is much interested into mystical stuff, but had also some worries about Aundair and its affairs in the Eldeen Reaches, so it has some mundane interest as well.

I concentrated my list in Khorvaire, and defined that being epic in 13th's Eberron means that you are capable of deciding the Icon's fate, of even match with some of them, depending on the story.

So my quick list of icons comes next. I also did some retcons, and some personal changes in the settings, but those are minor ideas that could be substituted by more canonical choices.

Background: I defined that Khorvaire was a "regular 13th age style continent" once, until one of the "true dangers" eventually happened: the Emperor as an icon was no more, and the Last Battle exploded. This changed the course of everything, and the War was halted by the Mourn Day event - which also led the Empire's Archmage to disappear (this is entirely retconned, since there was no such NPC in Eberron's canonical story). So, 4 years after the end of the Last War, this is the list of the Icons:

The Lord of Blades
    - ascending as a prominent and radical figure for the warforged.

The High Druid - this is Oalian representing for all the druid sects what the Elf Queen represented for all elves in 13th age's setting. So she is the one who tries to protect the legacy of the Gatekeepers, but also contains the radicalism of Ashbounds and Winter.

The Wizard's Queen
    - since the disappearance of the empire's Archmage, Queen Aurala posed politically as a arcane patron, funding arcane studies and contracting their services, even though she isn't an archmage at all. The Arcane Congress is the responsible to chose the next Archmage, and they seem to be delaying it.

The Leech Queen - Vol, her religion followers, and her trustful Emerald Claw's agents. But no undead army now, since her conflict with another Icon.

The Vault's Key - Once there was a Kundarak member that was a public figure. He was a philanthropist and progressive dwarf, and since his family has the banks which the Empire treasure were (allegedly) guarded, people started to call him the vault's key. This didn't end up well. ANyway, centuries later people still talk about the possibility that, behind all Kundarak's banks, Aurum's secret members, or even Sivis' informants, someone handling everything as a key to every vault in the world.

The Black Knight - Kaius III, acting not only as the ruler of Karrnath, but also as a major player in external politics, regarding the maintenance of the Treaty of Thronehold - even disposing his undead army to protect conflicting borders throughout Khorvaire. He is also in a silent war with the Leech Queen.

The Three Daughters
    - Once they were mighty foes, but since Sora's hag daughters have allied and took Droaam to dominate, they became a major player in the Shadow War.

The Prince of Shadows
    - This is the leader of Thuranni House. His influence and powers are highly speculated, but his entrance in the Twelve made everyone care about every step of his agents.

The Trusted Gnome - Thanks to its new secret leader, the Trust has risen to become maybe the biggest player in the Shadow War, at least anytime something related to Zilargo or anything that Korranberg's Library would be interested into. They also seem to be the master of House Sivis. The funny thing is that House Sivis is now cited in three different Icons. hhmm...

The Tiny Wayfinder - The leader of the Wayfinder Foundation, an epic halfling adventurer who saved all his loot and created a huge fortune, only to invest in a Foundation that now is "stealing" the adventurer's that used to work for other icons, t make something good for them as a society.

The Cultist - The cult of the Dragon Below was always relevant in the Shadow Marches, but since this mysterious Cultist has been in its pilgrimage to spread the religion, it has grown widely. Funny thing is that each different where people are converted, the religion is different, even being something good and a relief of burdens for some people - albeit a really eccentric one.

The Silver Flame - even not being the biggest religion, it is the most organized, and have a whole nation to lead their agenda.

The Chamber
    - always around, but much more active after the Cyre's doom. They work in the shadows, and dragon stories are merely legends (or horrifying testimonies) in Khorvaire.

The Twelve - For the houses to maintain neutrality, protect themselves against the government, expand their commerce and they arcane innovations, they work together as an Icon. But that doesn't mean they do not have their own interest and conflicts, and since the end of the Last War they have been struggling to stay somewhat together. Some of the Houses are also tied to other Icons, and could be Icons of their own in special campaigns, but here I retconned the Twelve as a much wider group than just the arcane studies.

The Undying Court - has its own agenda in Khorvaire, because they want to destroy Vol, and the Valenar elves are their agents, since they have the Court's consent and even incentive to act like they do, and their leaders are connected with Aerenal.

That's it. WHat do you think of these drafts? And these retcons? Hope this is an interesting approach. I also created the concept of fallen and postulant icons, such as the kings of Breland and Thrane, the Emperor, etc. But these are specifics for my campaign.

• Kaze12 -- I like what you posted here, at least in concept. It's been a while since I played in an Eberron campaign so I don't recall much about it, but I think that your Icon list seems like it would make for a fun campaign.