Read Before Posting - Beta Test Feedback

edited September 2011 in Forum Discussion
The forum is new and shiny, but also a by shaky and untested. Please try it out. I'll endeavour to keep all your discussions, but if there is a major problem there is a chance they might disappear.

At the moment, all new members require approval - I'll do that as I can, and you'll get an email confirming your approval.

Please give feedback here on any technical or aesthetic issues on this thread, and let me know if you are happy with the categories.

Comments

• The background colour really doesn't work with some of the other colour choices.
    White text and the orange headings are fine, but the black text in the forum preferences page is a little hard to read, and the blue text used to indicate the Sticky threads just makes my brain hurt.
  • edited September 2011
    The background colour really doesn't work with some of the other colour choices.
    White text and the orange headings are fine, but the black text in the forum preferences page is a little hard to read, and the blue text used to indicate the Sticky threads just makes my brain hurt.
    We'll get these changed.
  • edited September 2011
    @vagabond Will change.
  • edited September 2011
    Posted By: Simon@vagabond Will change.
    And this some text outside of the block quote.
  • Black text changed to white, Sticky text changed to something (hopefully) a lot less brain-hurty.
  • Posted By: pp_adminBlack text changed to white, Sticky text changed to something (hopefully) a lot less brain-hurty.
    Fingers crossed!
  • edited October 2011
    Posted By: pp_adminThe forum is new and shiny, but also a by shaky and untested. Please try it out. I'll endeavour to keep all your discussions, but if there is a major problem there is a chance they might disappear.

At the moment, all new members require approval - I'll do that as I can, and you'll get an email confirming your approval.

Please give feedback here on any technical or aesthetic issues on this thread, and let me know if you are happy with the categories.
    Quotes don't seem to show up properly. See above.:)
  • Sign in and sign out are in an odd position.
  • I got a 'site insecure' notice from Firefox.
  • Posted By: tatterdemalionI got a 'site insecure' notice from Firefox.
    That seems to be coming from the https for the forum. Do you get the same message from the main Pelgrane site?
  • edited October 2011
    Posted By: pp_adminPosted By: tatterdemalionI got a 'site insecure' notice from Firefox.
    That seems to be coming from the https for the forum. Do you get the same message from the main Pelgrane site?
  • Posted By: pp_admin
    Posted By: tatterdemalionI got a 'site insecure' notice from Firefox.
  • I'm getting the security warning too, with Chrome. Doesn't seem to happen with the main site.
  • The "remember me" function when you sign doesn't seem to work exactly the way it's supposed to; I have to sign in to see new posts since my last visit, yet if I decide to add a comment (without signing in first) the forum remembers me and I'm suddenly signed in.
  • Posted By: crimsontreeSign in and sign out are in an odd position.
    Where would you like to see them? Added to the left-hand menu? Part of the tabs along the top?
  • The sign in / sign out might be better in the left hand menu. They are quite difficult to spot against the background.

Is there any way to mark all discussions as read? I haven't managed to find it yet if there is.

- Neil.
  • Just worked out that the Sign In link is dynamic and it only really crashes the header graphic on narrow displays, like say an iPad in portrait mode. Possibly an edge case issue then.

- Neil.
  • Posted By: NeilFordJust worked out that the Sign In link is dynamic and it only really crashes the header graphic on narrow displays, like say an iPad in portrait mode. Possibly an edge case issue then.
  • Beta is pretty much over now, so I've unstickied this topic.