Network as MOS?

As the title says, has anyone tried having Network (or Cover) as their MOS? Seems legal, as an MOS just needs to be a General Ability. Would having an auto-success for something this broad once per session be too powerful? (Though, I suppose it would have to be used for an existing Contact.)

Comments

• I always used Network and Cover as"unamed" general skill pool. The become "named" when the Agent assigns a cover to it or a creates a contact. But initially they are not rollable general skills, so probably can't be a MOS.

• I have thought about the problem for a little while. My first thought was, that it would be unfair or not intended, when one player don´t have spend experience points to refresh his network-/cover-pool and instead could use this points for permanent pools.

But to be honest: Some player are more creative or just like it more to create covers and contacts.

So we have that problem anyway. Why not give them one free success without burning the contact.
    You could say that "to get you out of confinement or arrest" (NBA page 32) is a kind of "a supernatural challenge" (NBA page 12). So they still need points for it.
  • periardy said:

I always used Network and Cover as"unamed" general skill pool. The become "named" when the Agent assigns a cover to it or a creates a contact. But initially they are not rollable general skills, so probably can't be a MOS.

Oh, duh. That's right. You never roll Network itself, the points create a new pool first.