Questions: (S)Entries

I just wanted to prepare (S)Entries und found some things I can´t explain. Maybe these are just things that had been overseen in proofreading.

1) Who is "Lefffingwell" (Schedule 1800 on page 201)
2) Why is the office of General Lennart in Naples. I
presume in Italy and not Florida, but 300 miles from Sarajevo. (page 199, 2nd column, 2nd paragraph)

Comments

• Zazze said:

I just wanted to prepare (S)Entries und found some things I can´t explain. Maybe these are just things that had been overseen in proofreading.

1) Who is "Lefffingwell" (Schedule 1800 on page 201)
    2) Why is the office of General Lennart in Naples. I
    presume in Italy and not Florida, but 300 miles from Sarajevo. (page 199, 2nd column, 2nd paragraph)

1) I would imagine this would be a typo for Lennart. Ignore it.
    2) Because drama! I would imagine there's political reasoning behind this if you're really curious. If your players don't ask, you don't have to worry. If they do, I would just call it a "special assignment" and be done with it. 
  • I can answer 2.
    Because NATO's Joint Force Command is based in Naples. :)
    Check out the website for Sarajevo HQ https://www.jfcnaples.nato.int/hqsarajevo and you'll see a big link button for Naples (and, I just noticed, a big fat clue in the URL).
  • I know, that there is a NATO base in Naples :)
    But I saw no clue, that Lennart is shuttling Sarajevo <-> Naples on a regular basis :)
  • Adding a Naples element would be fun!  Perhaps he does have a regular face-to-face meeting in Naples.  That allows all sorts of possibilities in a potential heist. It also raises the possibility that the information is not on a laptop, but in Lennart's head, which he relates to a secret Neapolitan scribe unassociated with NATO.  In this version, Lennart is on to something and he knows it!  Ensuring Lennart does not retain the information means eliminating Lennart--a Canadian general officer!  Are the agents willing to do that?  

• I thought he HAD been in Naples but was transferred to Camp Butmir in Sarajevo. Either it was to hinder his investigation or at his own request as a way to get closer to areas he needed to look into first-hand.

I will also point out that Naples is home to both the Camorra crime group and the Sirens of classical mythology. And Egg Castle.
  • The DD Handbook has a whole section on Naples. Sir Francis Varney "jumped" into Vesuvius "to kill himself" in 1713.