Does the Fact book add anything if I have 2nd Edition Esoterrorists?

I get the impression that a lot of things from the Fact Book were incorporated into the 2nd edition. Am I correct or am I missing some goodness (horror?) if I skip it?

Comments

• The Fact Book has a long list of example Esoterrorist agents, cells/organisations, third parties of interest, and hot locations, none of which make it into the 2nd Edition (they aren't statted, or given innocent/enemy/etc options, just described in terms of how the Ordo views them - the writing is in character).

On the other hand, its *general* material (such as psychological dynamics) is covered well enough in the new rulebook.

So you're missing a collection of encounters and traffic for the operatives to analyse. 

• The 2nd Edition book also implies that the fact book has some crunchy combat rules as well?
  • edited December 2015
    Yes, the Factbook has all the crunchy combat rules that are in the Night's Black Agents rulebook. So if you want those, it's definitely makes the Factbook worthwhile. Here is a list from the ToC:

Extra-Crunchy Combat..........................................45

Automatic Weapons..................................................... 45

Called Shots.................................................................... 47

Critical Hits..................................................................... 48

Evasive Maneuvers...................................................... 49

Extra Attacks...................................................................49

Feints.................................................................................. 50

Grenades........................................................................... 50

Martial Arts..................................................................... 51

Non-Lethal Weapons................................................... 51

Jumping In....................................................................... 52

Reckless Attacks............................................................52

Sniping.............................................................................. 52

Special Weapons Training......................................... 52

Support Moves............................................................... 53

Suppressing Fire............................................................ 53

Techno-Macho Utterances.........................................54

• Hmmm...I'm considering picking up Night's Black Agents anyway, so it sounds like it might be worthwhile to hold off on the fact book and snag NBA instead.