I created a charsheet for your GUMSHOE Esoterrorists game. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Hey guys,

As the title says, I created a charsheet for The Esoterrorists campaign that I want to GM for my friends. It's in google docs (or drive, whatever it's called now). I decided to use a simple look that's also easy to use and does some things automatically for you (like subtracting points from your Unspent Build Points when you allocate them) and things like that. Me and my friends use a similar sheet for our SWN games and it's really handy. I didn't find a similar charsheet for GUMSHOE, so I created it. Please don't tell me there actually already is one and I just didn't find it :-D

There are 3 sheets. The first one is your charsheet, the second one explains the investigative abilities and the third one explains the standalone abilities.

You can make a request here or PM me if you want to use it, I'll just make a copy for you (or you can make a copy on your own, it works without a problem), but what I'm really looking for is some kind of feedback from you, guys. I made it for the 1st edition of The Esoterrorists first, then I found out there was a second edition with some tweaks, so I tried to incorporate all the changes, but I'm sure I forgot about something.

Hope you'll find it useful!

PS: The "Fixes" part in the bottom right corner is for the abilities that get you points in another ability (e.g.: Surveillance 8+ gets you 1 point in Electronic Surveillance). When that happens, you need to type "1" (only when you're the GM!) in one of those cells to not fuck up your Unspent Build Points cell. You'll figure it out ;-)

Also, if you're better with Google Sheets than me, you can enhance this version, get rid of the "Fixes" part etc. But don't give players too much of an advantage with how automatic this sheet is, let them figure their advantages on their own.

Comments

• I really dig it!  If I ever get to run Esoterrorists, I'll definitely ask you for a copy.

I really like the "good to know" bits.  GUMSHOE games seem streamlined, but, man, there's a lot of stuff spread out over those abilities.  Like starting with points in certain abilities.

One minor visual issue: to me, the pool and rating columns seem swapped.  My brain processes these like left-right fractions (pool OUT OF rating, OR pool / rating).
  • Looks great!

Funnily enough I recently also create a home-made Esoterrorists Character sheet. Its here -  http://www.unboundbook.org/?page_id=251 - if anyone is interested.