Carrion Crew--An Ashen Stars episode

The Lasers emerge from translight to find the Shengli, upon which their quarry awaits, descending into the atmosphere of Psi Parrada II, as a small unfamiliar starship orbits above.

Join their investigation of the Carrion Crew today!

Feel free to provide feedback!

Comments

• Have just downloaded it and will give it a read through. I'm planning on starting up an Ashen Stars Game soon so it could get an play. I'll post a write-up.
  • Just read through this. Nice job! I really like how you include lots of information for the various investigative skills that provide factual information that ties to the background. I also like the timeline chart; a time suspense before burning up in orbit will definitely add to the tension level. I also think the Missec are nicely written up.
  • Thanks! I've now run the game three times (including this past weekend at Gen Con). I'll post a revision someday... hopefully this summer while I have loads of time.

There are some typos: not a big deal, but I should fix those.

The four Combine NPCs aboard the Shengli are unnecessarily overwritten. I never really played the personality of more than one or two of them.

I need to do more of a writeup for the Missec captain (I let the PCs name him each time) and the Missec boarding crew (which was relevant two out of three times).

I only ever used the Crysolis and the Interociter: They work really well together, because the PCs inferred that the Shengli's tests of the Interociter summoned the Crysolsis. This made so much more sense than the random chance as-written, it quickly became my head canon. And both of those groups used the Interociter to summon the Crysolis as their way of dealing with the fleet.

Finally, I have a somewhat detailed write-up of my regular game group's interaction with the adventure here:
    Summary
    Session 1
    Session 2

Thanks for giving it a read, and feel free to provide any constructive criticism you like. Writing and running Carrion Crew was a great learning experience for me. I've also shared Ground Unsanctified, which I wrote before CC and have yet to run. There's a strong possibility it's a bit of a bloated mess, but I plan to revisit it and run it with my group. It's certainly not convention material.
  • geelpete said:

I only ever used the Crysolis and the Interociter: They work really well together, because the PCs inferred that the Shengli's tests of the Interociter summoned the Crysolsis. This made so much more sense than the random chance as-written, it quickly became my head canon. And both of those groups used the Interociter to summon the Crysolis as their way of dealing with the fleet.

It's fun how actually playing an adventure reveals what's going on to the author!