So I got the links to download the Primeval Thule pdf, a setting "tailored" to three different rules set. As I admittedly expected, the 13th Age treatment is definitely sub-par. Here's what I posted on the Kickstarter page this morning:
I am a 13th Age backer, and I found some problems in the 13th Age version of the pdfs:
1) We don't have warlocks nor warlords in 13th Age core book. I know I can ignore the references, but why? The setting was advertised as tailored to the different rules sets. That's clearly not the case.
2) Where are the cleric domains for the Great Old Ones? They are present only in the Pathfinder version. Also, since this setting seems to emphasise gods more than the core 13th Age setting, there should be a table which lists which of the gods are associated with which of the domains in the core 13th Age book.
3) Where are the new weapon stats? In 13th Age-speak, these should be listed for their properties (whether they are light, martial etc.) and how they are tied to the classes that can wield them and at what attack penalty and damage dice. I see the 4e version has a full table for the new weapons.
4) Many, many class features in 13th Age are tied to the Icons of the setting. I expect the same here; instead, we only get half a page. That's nearly not enough for something so fundamental to the game.
5) Character Literacy table DCs seem designed for Pathfinder; most of those DCs are too low for 13th Age.
I understand that 13th Age is not as mainstream as Pathfinder and D&D 4e, but I would have expected an equal treatment. It's clear the book was designed with Pathfinder and 4e in mind, and the 13th Age version really doesn't shine.
I hope the above points can be fixed before the books are sent into print, otherwise I won't be a very happy customer.