Starting Feats/Talents

edited August 2013 in Announcements
At fist level when you record your Class Feature, do you get the first feat for free or does it cost that 1st level feat slot?

Comments

• A class feature is not a feat. When you pick a class, you get all its class features automatically and they don't use up any feat slots or talent slots.
  • edited August 2013
    Correct the Barbarian Class Feature is not a feat, it's a class feature. But that class feature has 3 feats listed under it for Adventurer, Epic and Champion

I was wondering if the first Adventurer feat for the Barbarian Rage class feature is for free or if you have to pay for it with your 1st level feat slot.
  • You have to pay for it.

Out of curiosity, what made you think it would be for free?
  • You have to pay for feats out of your slots. But you can change them when you level up.
  • I thought it might be for free because the rules state all barbarians get barbarian rage for free. I just wasn't sure if that meant the first feat as well

Thanks for clarifying everyone
  • edited August 2013
    What the others say.

But I'm also curious about what gave you the idea that you would get a free feat with a class feature but not with your race, talents or powers?
  • You may want to consider moving this thread to the 13th Age category, for better visibility.